Although I never set out to be a marketing and communications person, I’ve loved every minute of my career, even the crazy deadlines and the even crazier journalist requests!
Eighteen years on, and I’ve worked in a variety of marketing and communications roles and have also dabbled in PR, lobbying and research.
I’ve been fortunate to work in both in-house marketing departments as well as the “other side” ie an agency and for a wide range of audiences including business to business (B2B), business to consumer (B2C), academic and not-for-profit/charity.
With these roles came a range of demands which means I have built up a broad set of marketing skills as well as a mean set of ‘to do’ lists. My marketing skills include:
- Internal and external marketing and communications
- Strategy development and execution
- Campaign planning, production and execution
- Electronic marketing including website and social media management
- Copy writing, editing and proof reading for print and web
- Mailing list and CRM management
- Print production experience
- Event organisation and marketing
- Budget management
- Client, customer and other stakeholder liaison
- Public relations
I am based in Worthing, West Sussex although I can work with organisations wherever they are based, depending on the type of work involved.